The team Alerion Supermileage wants to thank all of our partners. Without you, nothing would have been accomplished this far. You gave victory to the team at Shell Eco-Marathon. Thank you very much!
The alerion supermileage has completed today at 11:30 is first laps of the day. It is with pleasure that we announce you that the team pushes the American record to 1525 km/l. The team wants to thank all of its sponsors, particularly Shell, Mazda, NSK and Laval University for their collaboration.
The team begins early this morning to be ready for the first laps that really count. Each member has a task to do. This allows an optimal preparation of the vehicule before entering the circuit. Todays's results are compiled. The best result from the three trys is the first one. The driver has increased the fuel efficiency from 1089 km/L (obtained yesterday) to 1276 km/L. At the end of the day, this result is at the top of the ranking.
After the official opening ceremonies of the Shell Eco-marathon America 2013:
- The team does their first test run with the vehicule
- The alerion is mounted with three Michelin's tires that we use for practice
- Audrey drives the Alerion for ten practice laps and finishes with a unofficial score of 1089 km/L. It's a good result!
- The team gets through the night to improve vehicule's parameters and to organise the team for the competition's fisrt day
- The team also succeeds to keep carbone wheels in reserve with Michelin's radials tires. If the team figures in the scoreboard those wheels will be assembled.
- The team is subject of an article on Shell's website
After 37 hours of road in truck the alerion Supermileage arrives at the Shell Eco-marathon.
At noon, the car is ready to be assembled. The team is back to work and is assembling the vehicule's last components.
At the first run, the alerion succeeds inspections. The second pilot of the team, Carole-Anne, drives and passes the slalom test for the first time!
The alerion succeeds those security test the first day and the team is doing the last préparations for the test run day.